QA Lead (FTE)
We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for a QA Lead to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great value. As a startup we are the new brand on the block, looking to spread the word and drive spectacular growth. We find opportunities everywhere and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our customers. The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and co-operative culture.
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their 'B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year' award in 2018.
You will be part of the core team building and supporting our insurance and IoT software platforms and mobile apps. Working closely with our project and product teams you will make sure that quality is factored in across the lifecycle and that our evolving workflow reflects a joined-up approach to delivering high quality software, not just placing a final check before release. This is a hands-on role, and you will need to be flexible, pragmatic and solution-focused to help us achieve our delivery goals.
As an experienced QA specialist and team leader you will be responsible for expanding our core QA function, helping to recruit and mentor other team members and advancing us in areas such as automation and beta testing programmes. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic InsurTech startup at an early stage, in an influential role that will grow with the business as it scales in the coming months.
This is a full-time position, based in either our Brighton or our London office.
We want to hear from you if you're:
- A senior-level QA specialist, with a great understanding of what makes high-quality software, who can get up to speed quickly and bring hands-on experience to our core team.
- An excellent communicator, able to articulate key principles, detailed requirements or technical issues across the organisation.
- Delivery-focused, able to understand and act on business priorities and balance conflicts between perfection and time to market.
- Able to work from a high level – developing strategies and acceptance criteria – as well as creating and executing detailed manual test plans.
- Able to develop dev/test workflows and ensure delivery plans – whatever the methodology – are clear about what needs testing, how and when.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a hands-on software tester, QA engineer or similar in a commercial environment, with at least 2 years as a test team lead.
- Expert knowledge of:
- Testing web-based platforms, Android and iOS apps
- Writing and executing functional test cases, scripts and plans
- Reporting technical issues, with clear steps to reproduce
- Strong experience of:
- Waterfall and agile development approaches and appropriate testing practices
- Testing systems with secure data and strong privacy requirements
- Collaborative task management and issue tracking tools
- Best practices, methodologies and tools for automated testing – experience with Selenium and Appium or equivalents would be useful
- TestFlight (iOS) and Beta by Crashlytics (Android)
- Good understanding of the relationship between back end services, APIs and mobile apps. Will ideally have prior experience of testing systems requiring 3rd party integration.
- Prior experience of fast-paced tech startup environments would be a distinct advantage.
- The following are not essential but may be beneficial:
- Interest or prior experience in IoT or home automation technology.
- Prior experience in home insurance and policy administration.
- Understanding of web technologies and cloud infrastructure.
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Circa £50,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
Please note that applicants must already have the required visas to live and work in the UK.
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.