Technical Project Manager - IoT (FTE)
We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for a Technical Project Manager- IoT to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great value. As a startup we are the new brand on the block, looking to spread the word and drive spectacular growth. We find opportunities everywhere and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our customers. The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and co-operative culture.
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their 'B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year' award in 2018.
Working alongside our product and account managers, as well as our software design, development and test teams, you will lead scoping, planning and delivery of short-term projects relating to our connected home IoT platform. Typical projects will include the integration of third-party smart sensors and the configuration of white-label apps and services for clients. Prior experience in these areas will help you get up to speed quickly.
We’re looking for someone who is well-versed in project practices but favours a pragmatic and hands-on approach to project delivery, collaborating with the whole team, actively problem-solving and keeping all parties aligned and focused on the agreed goals. As a startup we are busy building both our product and our business, so you will need to be flexible as priorities change. We’re not tied to any one methodology, using planned and agile techniques and tools as appropriate, but your knowledge and experience will help us to develop a standard approach across the business.
This is a full time position based in either our Brighton or London office.
You will be required to:
- Own short software projects from scoping through to release.
- Work directly with internal and 3rd-party stakeholders to understand and capture business and technical requirements.
- Articulate requirements to the delivery team to define the solution, test approach and acceptance criteria.
- Plan and estimation of work packages; defining risks, milestones and deliverables.
- Programme and resource planning as part of the PM team.
- Track progress and budgets; providing status reports.
- Hands-on involvement with testing and acceptance.
- Prioritise issues raised during testing.
- Co-ordinate release activities with the product and operations teams.
- 2-3 years' experience leading small-scale software delivery projects in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable experience of the software development lifecycle and applying different project approaches (e.g. planned vs agile) depending on project needs and circumstances.
- Good understanding of the relationship between back end services, APIs and mobile apps. Will ideally have prior experience of projects requiring 3rd party integration, particularly IoT devices.
- Have functioned across a range of project complexities, able to apply an immersive or a light-touch management approach, as required.
- Task management using standard online issue logging and tracking tools; issue prioritisation.
- Experience of fast-paced tech startup environments and dispersed teams would be a distinct advantage.
- Good working knowledge of software test approaches
- Interest or prior experience in IoT or home automation technology.
- Understanding of web technologies and cloud infrastructure.
- Background as a developer may be helpful (although we won’t expect you to write any code!)
- Current certification in either PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent would be useful but is not essential, depending upon experience
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Circa £50,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
Please note that applicants must already have the required visas to live and work in the UK.
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.