Senior UX/UI Designer
We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for an Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great value. As part of our strategy we offer our services to other businesses (e.g. insurers) helping them connect to our IoT platform, devices and app – under their own brand.
We have to be flexible, responsive and delivery-focused, both as individuals and as a company. We find opportunities everywhere and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our business partners. The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and co-operative culture.
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year award in 2018.
As a UX designer you will create a great online user experience for our customers through visual and interactive designs, taking them from concept to live product by working within multi-disciplined teams, putting user needs and usability at the very core of your designs.
- Work closely with marketing, product managers, developers and testers to review and optimize existing UX and UI, both online and within the Neos App.
- Work within a fast paced environment, rapidly iterating upon and developing designs to incorporate feedback from user testing sessions and key stakeholders.
- Create, maintain and control best practice processes in respect of design creation, user testing, implementation, live testing and monitoring.
- Take ownership of key project/workstreams, with the ability to act independently as well as collaboratively
We want to hear from you if you have:
- At least 5 years of UX/UI design experience, with a portfolio that demonstrates previous work-samples.
- Understanding and practicing common methodologies will come naturally to you and you will be able to demonstrate that you can apply these to native iOS, Android and responsive web design experiences.
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design, processes and UX and UI principles, keeping constantly up-to-speed with developments and best practices.
- Strong relationship building skills and stakeholder management.
- The ability to maintain attention to detail, and work calmly, whilst working in a fast-paced environment
- Creating wireframes, prototypes and design assets with strong skills using Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and InVision (or other prototyping tools),
- Experience in user testing both in-person and through online user testing platforms, with the ability to generate and present quantitative and actionable user feedback.
- Team player with a desire to collaborate - you should be an effective communicator and presenter, as well as give and receive feedback with equal grace
- Experience working in a startup or insurance industry is considered a bonus.
- Experience of web design in WordPress
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment and using Scrum methodologies
- Experience facilitating workshops and design studios both in-studio, and with clients
- Ability to understand Google Analytics and similar website performance tools
- Previous experience working with workflow management systems, such as Jira or Clubhouse
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Up to £50,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.