We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for an Product Manager to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great value. We find opportunities everywhere and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our customers. The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and co-operative culture.
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year award in 2018.
This is a new and critical role in the business. You will have a finger on the pulse of the market and customers and work with the business to deliver great products. Once delivered you will oversee the lifecycle and ensure they meet customer expectation and business objectives. As part of this, you’ll manage key product distribution relationships and own the P&L. This role requires a strategic mind to map out a clear path to success and an eye for detail.
- The formulation of a product strategy to achieve business goals and roadmap with clear prioritisation and commercial assessment.
- Manage and optimise relationships with key distribution partners e.g. Price Comparison Websites and Retailers.
- Monitor and make improvements to the Quote and Buy journey to optimise conversion and deliver a great customer experience.
- Lead the transformation of product ideas into actionable concepts and requirements, acting as Product Owner in delivery projects.
- Own the P & L for the Neos Retail distribution.
- Ensure continuous improvement through insight and data analysis.
- Ensure products adhere to required legal and compliance standards.
- Responsible for the identification of target consumer, playing a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry, and competition strategies.
- Monitor the performance of products, using analysis in an effort to establish product differentiation and execution strategies that will lead to the product’s ultimate success.
- 5 years’ experience in a product development/management position, preferably in financial services or technology.
- Relationship management experience, preferably with PCW’s and/or Retailers.
- A track record in P&L management.
- Leadership skills with a blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Ability to define and analyse numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product.
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organisational skills.
BUDGET & REPORTING
- Report to the CCO
- Working as part of cross functional teams particularly, IT and Operations.
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Up to £50,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
Please note that applicants must already have the required visas to live and work in the UK.
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.