Product Manager - Platform
We are an award winning, InsurTech startup on the hunt for a Platform Product Manager to join our growing team.
We have a unique proposition that combines smart technology (like connected cameras, leak and motion sensors and smoke alarms) with comprehensive home insurance, all connected to the Neos app to deliver true, 24/7 piece of mind to our customers. Protecting what matters most, when it most matters is at the heart of our business.
We are on a mission to disrupt the insurance industry and give customers great value. We find opportunities everywhere and solve problems together to make sure we deliver for our customers. The result is a calm, yet purposeful environment, with a sociable and co-operative culture.
We were recently ranked no. 6 in the world’s 100 most disruptive brands, winning awards for Best Insurer in IoT, Internet of Things Breakthrough and the Insurance Times ‘Insurer Innovation of the Year’ award 2017, as well as their B2C Insurance Start-Up of the Year award in 2018.
You will lead the development of our core technology platform and App to meet our strategic needs and deliver our business goals. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right experience, leadership skills, personality and attitude to forge an influential role in our growing company.
- Clearly articulating the functions and features of the platform and the product roadmap to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Working with multiple stakeholders inside and outside the organisation to develop propositions.
- Use commercial and technology skills to establish priorities and maintain a common purpose.
- Work with technical and UX teams to develop and maintain the mobile apps.
- Manage the overall product lifecycle
- Understand and communicate the technology landscape to influence business strategy
- Has demonstrable software product management experience, gained over a number of years.
- Good understanding of web technologies and cloud infrastructure, and the relationship between back end services, APIs and mobile apps.
- Understands how delivery teams operate, especially in dynamic start-up environments. Experience of both plan-based and agile development methodologies would be beneficial, along with a good understanding of where they are best suited.
- You will have a degree-level qualification, probably in a technology or business-related subject.
- Prior experience of technology start-up/scale-up environments will be advantageous.
- Will ideally have prior experience of products requiring 3rd party integration.
- SaaS and B2B technology product experience would be very useful.
- Report to the CCO
- Working as part of cross functional teams particularly, IT, UX and Operations.
People matter at Neos. We’re a vibrant, friendly team who practise togetherness, cherish diversity, celebrate achievements, reward hard work and believe in our product. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow in your area of expertise and you’ll be making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
- Up to £50,000 per annum salary (DOE)
- Choose your own computer
- 22 days’ holidays per year (excluding public holidays);
- Private medical insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great coffee, daily snacks and a fabulous, collaborative working space in either Brighton or London
Please note that applicants must already have the required visas to live and work in the UK.
DIVERSITY AT NEOS
Neos embraces diversity and we will always promote the benefits of a diverse team across our entire business. We rigorously ensure that we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union or spent convictions and place an obligation upon all team members to respect and act in accordance with this core value.